Here are 5 Things to Do for Self-Care in New Orleans this month. Springtime is here, which means festivals, food and fun! The City of New Orleans is back and it’s time to treat yourself. Self-care is so much more than spa days and bubble baths. Take a look at this list.
Attend a Festival
Festival season is in full swing this month. Did you know that the city averages more than 130 festivals a year? Two of the most anticipated are the French Quarter Festival and the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
- French Quarter Festival, presented by Chevron April 21-24, 2022
- More than 1,800 Artists including 40+ debuts
- Android and iPhone users can install the newly updated French Quarter Fest App to access the schedule, culinary lineup, maps, and more.
- French Quarter Fest expands fan experience offering new nighttime programming. French Quarter Fest After Dark is a curated series of performances and pop-up events to enhance the fan experience and keep the good times rolling after the last festival stage closes.
- The 2022 French Quarter Festival Culinary Lineup, sponsored by Broussard’s Restaurant & Courtyard, returns with New Orleans’ most infamous dishes, as well as new takes on the classics and items that can only be found at the Fest.
- Fans can experience French Quarter Festival 2022 in style by becoming members of the NOLA.com Fest Family Experience!
- Saturday and Sunday families are invited to Chevron’s “STEM Carnival,” to engage with fascinating activities.
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, presented by Shell April 29-May 8, 2022
- The Jazz Fest is a celebration of music, food and culture. This festival spans over two weekends with 12 stages filled with performances.
- General admission tickets include access to all performances on day of use, as well as the wide variety of food and beverages available for purchase, art exhibits, crafts booths, and much more.
- Locals Thursday discount is available on May 5th. Open to Louisiana residents with valid identification.
Gambit Spring Eat List
It’s always a good idea to try something new. Gambit’s Spring Dining Guide features a Spring Eat List. This list is full of appetizers, entrees and desserts from some of the city’s most popular restaurants.
- Katie’s Crawfish Beignet
- The Vintage Beignet Flight
- Gospel Coffee and Boozy Treats Chicken Adobo Tacos
- The Ruby Slipper Crawfish Cake Benedict
- Angelo Brocato’s Cannoli Cake
Easter in New Orleans means Seersucker Season. Pull out those Easter dresses and Seersucker and enjoy a nice brunch.
- Court of the Two Sisters
- Live Jazz Brunch Buffet 9am-3pm
- Roosevelt New Orleans
- Brunch Hours: 10AM – 2:30 PM
- Brunch Hours: 10am-4pm
- $45 Brunch Prix Fixe
- Bottomless Rosé Or Mimosas
- The Grill Room
- Jazz Brunch: 7am-2pm
- Bottomless Bloody Marys or Mimosas
- Ralph’s on the Park
- Oder an Easter Doberge Cake
- Brunch Hours: 10am-2pm
Explore Queen Nefertari’s Egypt
- New Orleans Museum of Art, March 18-July 17, 2022
- Queen Nefertari’s Egypt brings to life the role of Nefertari and other powerful women in ancient Egypt through 230 exceptional objects, including statues, jewelry, vases, papyrus, steles, wooden coffins, and stone sarcophagi, as well as tools and various items of daily life from the artisan village of Deir-el-Medina, home to those who created the royal tombs.
- On Wednesdays, Louisiana residents receive free general admission to the museum, courtesy of The Helis Foundation. Access to Queen Nefertari’s Egypt is an additional $10 per adult.
Sunset Soiree at The Roosevelt Hotel Rooftop
Now the days are longer, it’s the perfect time to resume outdoor activities.
- The Roosevelt Hotel, April 12th and April 26th
- The series is a collaboration with Footprints to Fitness, a local health and wellness company led by local WWL TV News personality April Dupre. It features exercise classes (blending yoga, barre, and Pilates) that allow locals to take in the rooftop vistas typically only afforded to hotel guests. After the workout, patrons can mingle with fellow fitness aficionados and enjoy a selection from our healthy and refreshing special menu, featuring a Watermelon Basil Smoothie and crudités, which will be available for purchase.
- Classes will be held on April 12th, April 26th, May 10th, and May 24th, starting at 6:30 PM. Register at FootprintsToFitness.com. Tickets are $25 per person and will be limited to 40 participants. Parking will be discounted to $10 for the event. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Footprints Foundation, which partners with other local organizations to provide underserved New Orleans area communities with high-quality CPR/First Aid and fitness programming.
Which one are you looking forward to the most?
Check out the April Self-Care To Do List for more ideas.
For more self-care tips and events, sign up for the newsletter, at www.dralishareed.com