Self-Care in New Orleans To Do List:
1. Eat Fit NOLA Dine Out
The mission is two-fold: 1. Dine out at restaurants offering nutritious, Eat Fit approved dishes to share your support for local business. 2. Donate nutritious items to your local food bank. Some regions will have donation boxes located right in the restaurants! Visit www.EatFitDineOut.com for a complete list of participating restaurants across Louisiana, and to download the free Eat Fit app for a nutritious Food Donation Guide and to find restaurants near you.
2. Wednesday at the Square -PNC & Robin Barnes
YLC Wednesday at the Square is a free concert series in the heart of New Orleans Central Business District. Proceeds from food and beverage sales benefit the Young Leadership Council’s community projects, designed not only to improve the quality of life in the Greater New Orleans area but also to foster leadership skills in young professionals. For more info, visit www.ylcwats.com.
3. New Orleans Wine & Food Experience
The New Orleans Wine & Food Experience is a premier event, showcasing what the city does best… eating and drinking. In its 30th Anniversary year, the festival has become one of the most celebrated culinary events in the nation, attracting gourmands and connoisseurs. Visit www.nowfe.com for more info and tickets.
4. American Heart Association Heart Ball
Saturday, June 11th 6pm at Hyatt Regency New Orleans
For more info and tickets, visit www.heart.org.
5. Ogden Museum Magnolia Ball
Saturday, June 11th at 9pm
A Summer Evening of Art, Music and Entertainment, Celebrating the Exhibition, Luis Cruz Azaceta: What a Wonderful World.
Visit www.ogdenmuseum.org for more info.
7. Pride Fest at Faubourg Brewery June 3rd-5th
9. French Market Creole Tomato Festival June 11th-12th
10. Restaurant Week New Orleans June 20th-26th
11. Sazerac Cocktail Week June 20th-26th
12. Hamilton on Broadway at Saenger Theater June 21st-July 10th
13. Queen Nefertari at New Orleans Museum of Art until July 17th
Are you looking forward to any of these? What would you add?
Don’t miss next month’s list! Subscribe at www.dralishareed.com
Check out the June Self-Care Card.