Summer isn’t OVER yet in New Orleans. The month of August is packed with things to do in the city of New Orleans. Here are some FLY things to add to your social calendar.
- August is Museum Month. Visit one of the local museums. Louisiana Residents have free admission to New Orleans Museum of Art, Contemporary Art Center, New Orleans Botanical Garden and Ogden Museum of Southern of Art on designated days of the week.
2. Visit the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas on August 5th for Orleans Parish Appreciation Day.
3. White Linen Night returns to the CAC and Arts District New Orleans on Saturday, August 7th from 6-9pm.
4. Try a new restaurant or visit an old favorite during COOLinary and take advantage of deals for brunch, lunch and dinner at participating restaurants through September 5th.
5. Attend Family Night at Faubourg on Thursdays.
6. Soak up some sun while reading a good book poolside at one of the local rooftop hotels.
7. Join Gris-Gris for an exclusive tasting dinner featuring Le Cresuset’s new line, Cayenne on August 11th and 12th.
8. Put on a Red Dress and Run through the French Quarter on August 14th.
9. Kick-off the Saints preseason on August 23rd either in the Dome or at your favorite bar.
10. Visit the Audubon Zoo on August 18th for Orleans Parish Appreciation Day.
11. Twilight at Longue Vue on August 25th from 5-7pm.
12. NOLA Downtown Music and Arts Festival August 27th and 28th.
Submit questions to www.askalishareed.com