Yes it’s possible to practice Wellness in New Orleans during festival season. The French Quarter Festival kicks off on April 21st thru 24th and Jazz Fest is April 29th -May 8th. Before you go, here are 3 Wellness Tips for Festival Season in New Orleans.
Wellness Tip #1 : Protect Your Skin from the Sun
The festivals are outdoors which means that you need to protect your skin from sun damage. Make sure that you are prepared.
- Always wear sunscreen. ANYONE who spends time outdoors should wear sunscreen. Reapply every 2 hours.
- Wear protective clothing such as wide-brimmed hats.
- Wear sunglasses that filter UV light.
Wellness Tip #2: Hydrate
Yes, there will be alcohol, but don’t forget about WATER. Alcohol can cause dehydration.
- Start hydrating before you get out there.
- Consider taking a probiotic.
- Drink electrolytes.
Wellness Tip #3: Eat Fit NOLA
With so much good food to choose from, it doesn’t mean that you can’t eat healthy. Ochsner Eat Fit has worked with festival vendors to incorporate Eat Fit Dishes at both festivals!
- Download the free Eat Fit mobile app for nutrition facts of all Eat Fit dishes
- Look for the Eat Fit seal of approval on menu boards at the French Quarter Festival
- There’s an Eat Fit Hidden Menu at Jazz Fest so check the Eat Fit mobile app for the full hidden menu
Self-Care isn’t just bubble baths and spa days. It can be incorporated in almost everything you do. Applying sunscreen, drinking water and making healthy food choices are 3 ways that you can take care of your body while enjoying festival season. When you think about it, these aren’t hard. They don’t require a lot of time, and they aren’t too expensive. It’s really easy to make self-care a priority in your life.
For more self-care tips, subscribe to the email list at www.dralishareed.com.
Are you looking forward to the festivals? Which one is your favorite? What are you planning on eating?